OUTmed is an organization for LGBTQIA-identified faculty, residents, fellows and staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
OUTmed is supported by the Department of Medicine, and is open to members of the entire School of Medicine, regardless of departmental affiliation.
Our goals include:
- Increasing visibility of the LGBTQIA community at Washington University School of Medicine
- Fostering networking and mentoring relationships for LGBTQIA students, faculty, residents and staff
- Facilitating communication among members of the Washington University School of Medicine interested in LGBTQIA-related health care and research topics
Read the Record article on the creation of OUTmed: “New group supports LGBTQ community at medical school”
Are you a current member of the School of Medicine interested in staying up-to-date on OUTmed events? Join our mailing list.
Are you looking at Washington University School of Medicine for residency, fellowship, or employment and interested in finding out more about our LGBTQIA community? Contact Jen Mosher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital are proud to be designated a 2016 Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
- February 8-9, 2018 – Grand Rounds with visiting speaker Dr. Alex Keuroloighian
- March 1-2, 2018 – 13th Annual Midwest LGBTQ Rights Conference
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 6pm – OUTmed Happy Hour at Hamburger Mary’s.
The John T. Milliken Department of Medicine is proud to be an equality corporate sponsor of PrideFest 2017.
The OUTlist is a listing of Washington University School of Medicine faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and graduate and medical students who identify as members of the LGBTQ community.
The ALLYlist is a listing of Washington University School of Medicine faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and graduate and medical students who identify as allies who support LGBTQ rights and equality.
The OUTlist and ALLYlist were started by LGBTQ Med, the medical student group, and OUTmed, the faculty, trainee and staff group.
To join, please select and fill out the appropriate form below.