Below, you will find more information on the School of Medicine’s Human Resources’ Diversity and Inclusion courses. Specifically, we are providing you with course descriptions, ways to access diversity and inclusion courses, course cancellation, department sponsored course dates and instructions on how to sign-up for the courses.
If you have any questions about the dates, times and/or locations please contact Jennifer Mosher at email@example.com.
Diversity and inclusion course descriptions
Diversity and inclusion leaders provide a series of four, one-hour training sessions on the fundamentals of diversity education. Each session is designed to build on and provide a greater awareness of, understanding of, commitment to, and action on diversity and inclusion. The courses are designed to be taken separately and sequentially.
- Diversity and Inclusion 1.0 Awareness–examining cultural diversity
- Diversity and Inclusion 2.0 Understanding—examining unconscious bias
- Diversity and Inclusion 3.0 Commitment—using language against discrimination without shaming
- Diversity and Inclusion 4.0 Action—speaking up against bias and prejudice
Facilitators use a standard format in each session that consists of psycho-educational presentations in the form of data from research presented in PowerPoint and interactive, hands-on and experiential exercises to illuminate the concepts being presented.
Three ways to access diversity and inclusion courses
There are three ways to access diversity and inclusion training:
- Division or business unit sponsored training: You participate in training that is sponsored by your unit or division. You will be trained alongside individuals from your division or unit only. Division leaders or designees may arrange division sponsored trainings by contacting Joe Pangelinan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Mosher at email@example.com. We will send your leaders a Diversity and Inclusion Training Request Form to complete and to send back to us. We will then arrange training dates and times with the School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Department sponsored trainings: The Department has arranged with the diversity and inclusion leaders to offer sessions of Diversity 1.0 through 4.0. These courses are offered only to department trainees, faculty and staff. You will be trained alongside other department faculty, staff and trainees. Please sign up to attend through Learn at Work.
- School of Medicine sponsored trainings: These courses are scheduled through the School of Medicine HR department and open to all trainees, faculty and staff on the School of Medicine campus. You will be in courses with trainees, staff and faculty from the whole campus. Please sign up to attend through Learn at Work.
Note: The Diversity 1.0 through 4.0 courses are being taught by Washington University Human Resources diversity and inclusion leaders. Each course content and format is the same regardless of who sponsors or teaches the courses. If you access training in any of the three ways, as described above, you will receive credit in Learn at Work upon completion of the course.
Because the courses are interactive and experiential, courses with less than 10 registered attendees will be cancelled and rescheduled. In case of a course cancellation, you will receive an email notification from the School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Sign up for courses
To register for the courses, you will have to log in to Learn at Work then follow the steps below:
- Visit Learn at Work
- Click the red “Login to Learn@Work” tab
- Login with your WUSTL Key and password
- Search “Diversity” in the search box located at the top of the Learn@Work Home page.
You will be provided with a list of available D&I class options for:
- Diversity & Inclusion 1.0 – Awareness
- Diversity & Inclusion 2.0 – Understanding
- Diversity & Inclusion 3.0 – Commitment
- Diversity & Inclusion 4.0 – Action
- Unconscious Bias Training for Hiring Managers
Click on the session you would like to attend and then click the enroll box. You will be sent a confirmation email with all the details of the session you have registered to attend.